Friday, August 26, 2011

cheesey bacony corn muffins

I am bored out of my mind today and so far it's only lunch time! I like to bake when I am bored, (ok that's a lie.. I like to bake at 2am "just cos" also.. I just love baking :p ) and had limited ingredients today, so in place of milk, I used thickened cream. Turned out fine. You can use either.

2 cups self raising flour
1/2 a can of creamed corn (pick a good brand.. I've been using generic brand. I am sure there's nicer out there!)
2 eggs
1/2 cup roughly of milk OR thickened cream
1/2 cup grated tasty or "bitey" cheese, either is nice
Salt & pepper to taste
A few rashes of bacon diced, with rind and fat removed.

You can sift your flour if you want to be all fancypants, I won't think any less of you. I tend to not sift for most recipes and use the excuse "Did our great-grannies sift flour back in the day? I think not."
mix in the salt and pepper, crack the 2 eggs in and mix in the milk/cream and corn. If you think you need more milk/cream, add a wee bit more. Since I was running on limited supplies, I mixed a touch of water to the pot of cream and swished it about and poured it in.
Stir in the bacon and cheese, and spoon into a lightly greased 12-hole muffin pan.
Bake for oh.. I don't know.... 20 minutes I guess? 
And don't open the oven door half a dozen times to check on progress...



No comments:

Post a Comment