Monday, January 3, 2011

Rocky road

Mum and I used to make this years ago.. I haven't made it since :(

Melt oh.. I don't know measurements.. 500g I guess? of milk chocolate
Half a cup of dessicated coconut
Some mini marshmallows
Handful of jelly snakes or jelly babies cut up into mini-marshmallow-size pieces
Handful of unsalted peanuts
Mix it all together and spread on a lined baking tray, set in fridge.

Something cool I do remember seeing years ago was a rocky-road Christmas "tree"  - Make the above recipe, and with some craft card, make a funnel type shape and pack the rocky road mix into it, set in the fridge, then when it came time to serve it, turn the funnel upside down so the pointy bit's to the top and peel off the paper/card.. and yay a tree.. kind of..  :P
Looked cool anyway. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment