Thursday, April 12, 2012

Chippies!

I was lucky enough to receive not one.. but two free (large!) samples of Red Rock Deli's new Corn Chip range, Sea Salt and Fire Roasted Red Chilli & Lime -

I wasn't sure which to open first, and since they were both "family" size packs (185g, which I wasn't expecting at all) - I wanted to open both but given the humidity of where we live, I also didn't want them to spoil and go stale quickly.. But that thought soon passed my mind and I tried the Sea Salt first.
Really tasty compared to your normal plain corn chips, and the poppy seeds in them give it a slight different flavour. Right amount of salt too, without being overpowering. These would go really well with just about any dip or salsa I'd imagine. Or on their own, as that's what I do anyway. Oooh or even in the form as nachos..

I sealed the bag up for the night the best I could and tried to distract my mind from wanting to pop open the Fire Roasted Red Chilli & Lime. I didn't want to eat them all in one hit then be left disappointed when I run out too soon.

The next morning I decided to pop it open and put into a lunch box to take with me for the day.. I made the mistake of trying one... Then stood in the kitchen just munching away on them for breakfast. I did manage to put them down, and leave some for later. These are just too addictive. With the right balance of chilli & lime I might add.. Some real good bite to it, I ate enough to make my eyes start to water. Really tasty. I wouldn't spoil these with a dip, they are just too good on their own.

Red Rock Deli also have a Jalapeno & Mature Cheddar flavour which I am yet to try next time I pop down to the supermarket.

While writing this I have just checked the list of ingredients (on the Fire Roasted Chilli & Lime, at least.. as it was the closest within reach..) and I am very happy to say they do NOT contain MSG/Flavour Enhancer (Which explains my lack of allergy headache I normally get from other chips!)

Note: I do NOT work for Red Rock Deli nor have I been paid to write this review. The above stated review is only my own opinion expressed as an ordinary housewifegamercomputergeekwench.

1 comment: