Friday, May 18, 2012

Aussie Gold Scrolls

Growing up, we always called Vegemite +  melted cheese (on toast, or whatever), Aussie Gold. They go so well together! And yes I LOVE Vegemite.. all sane Aussies do if they know what's good for them.

I came across this recipe the other day for CheeseyMite Scrolls and thought I'd give it a whirl.. Despite it just being a simple Scone base dough. I've made these scrolls with puff pastry before and they aren't the same. Next to try is actual bread dough.

CheeseyMite Scrolls

And the photos of my makings..




All in all it's a fairly easy recipe, probably more suited to little mouths (kids) due to the softness of the scone dough. I probably should have used more Vegemite and cheese.

2 comments:

  1. These pics just gave me the biggest craving! Will have to put that on my list of things to bake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Frosty can post now!

    I like this food...

    ReplyDelete