Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Mars Bar Slice

There's only TWO recipes that I still remember off hand and actually use from my year 8 home ec. class, all the other stuff was useless shit I never bothered to learn. (First being the Lemon cheesecake posted earlier, and this, Mars Bar Slice.)


About 4-5 normal sized mars bars, chopped
50g butter diced
2-3 cups of rice bubbles
Block of chocolate and some more butter to spread over the top if you wish.

In a double boiler melt together the mars bars and butter, once it's melted through, pour it over the rice bubbles in a mixing bowl and combine gently. Spread out into a slice tin/whatever. Melt the other chocolate and butter to spread over the top of the slice mixture and set in the fridge over night or at least a few hours. :D

3 comments:

  1. I love mars bar slice! do you still have recipes from home ec? do you remember one for bangkok chicken? it was so yummy and I can't find it :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds familiar i'll have a looky around google tomorrow. I didn't bother cooking much in that class, hence why I only still use the lemon cheesecake and mars bar recipe.. what else did we make.. Quiche with bread for base.. :S zucchini and chocolate slice, cheese and bacon muffins.. hmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apricot Jam? Ummmm not sure what else

    ReplyDelete